In 2018, Seoul City declared itself the “Human City Design Seoul”.
The ‘Human City Design Seoul’ Declaration is a response to what the world needs now, with our society convinced that we must overcome the harmful effects of human alienation or materialism or environmental problems, and design a sustainable urban environment in which people can enjoy creative lives. It is the wish of the Seoul Metropolitan Government and of the Seoul Design Foundation that Seoul can serve as a window for communication in building an urban ecosystem where men and nature coexist and as a platform for joint prosperity where the sustainability and well-being of the cultural community is sought after. With this hope, the “Human City Design Awards” are presented to designers or groups that have contributed to building a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between men and men, between men and society, between men and the environment, and between men and nature by tackling urban environmental issues and by presenting a new vision through creative design.
Human City Design Award 2019
|Theme||Design for Sustainable City for a harmonious relationship between people and the environment|
|Purpose||1. To establish a sustainable city ecosystem for a harmonious relationship between people and the environment through design
2. To discuss design as a creative solution to complex social problems in the city and to expand design’s healing effects around the world
3. To make the design sector contribute to the development of mankind
|Area||Projects that contribute to a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between people and people, people and society, people and the environment and people and nature|
|Qualification||· Individuals or organizations in the design sector with the recommendations of nations, local city governments, design-related universities and design-related associations
· Individuals or organizations who have five or more years of experience in design-related field
|Award||Grand Prize for One Winner [Human City Grand Prize]
Prize Money 100,000,000 won (KRW) * Worth 85,000 USD
|Host/Organizer||Seoul City / Seoul Design Foundation|
Submission to Human City Design Award Secretariat Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|※ Please Complete Registration Documents in English
· Entry Form
· Performance Resume
– Design-related experience (Over 5 years)
– Project performance (No period limit)
– Representative project’s images (around 8 images) with explanations
· Project-related video URL or file (Optional)
– Fomat : Video in 3 minutes (wmv, mov, asf, avi, mpeg)
– Capacity : less than 500mb, over 1024*768 pixel
· Letter of recommendation- Include the names of the heads of the recommending organizations
|· Candidates that have passed the first review may be asked to provide additional materials upon request of the review committee (Candidates will be contacted individually)|
Human City Design Award Secretariat
E-mail : email@example.com – Tel : +82-2-2096-0064
· Candidates are responsible for the materials they have submitted, and all documents that have been submitted to the secretariat will not be returned.
· In any of the following events, the candidate will be disqualified and the award may be cancelled even after winners are announced and awards are delivered.
– The content of a submitted document is discovered to be false or falsely written.
– A candidate is acknowledged as having violated intellectual property rights (e.g. the copyright or design rights of others) by engaging in plagiarism, illegal copying, or unauthorized citation.
· Candidates hold the copyright of the submitted works, and the sponsor and the organizer of the awards may use the submitted works for PR purposes (exhibitions, events, reviewing, publishing, etc.) after consulting with the work’s owner.
· For a project that was carried out under the name of an official organization, the individual/group that has actually implemented the project will be reviewed.
· All schedules of the review process, the awards ceremony and the announcement of winners are subject to change depending on the circumstances of the organizer.
Letter of recommendation
Documents for submission